Water purifier is no longer a luxury rather a necessity. Scarcity of pure drinking water is now issue also for those live in small towns and villages. Thus, Water purifier has become one essential gadget for every Indian home. Drinking pure water have lots of advantage, in fact, plays a great role in decreasing your family health bill. In this article, we review three efficient Water Purifiers for home Use. Here, read about top-rated water purifier models from popular brands such as Kent, Aquaguard, and Leaupure.
Kent Pearl RO UV Mineral Water Purifier
People often get confused while choosing from a dozen of advanced water purifiers in market. Every brand has their own technology behind the range of drinking water purifiers they offer. Kent being the market leader offers a number of efficient water purifiers. My favorite, however, is Kent Pearl Mineral, an RO water purifier with UV purifier technology .
Kent’s Pearl Mineral RO+UV Water Purifier runs on electricity and can filter water from any source. Its double purification technology not only destroys all the bacteria present in the water, in fact, also filters out all the suspended particles. TDS controller and Kent's Mineral protection technology ensures that you never drink mineral-less water.
Built and Design: This comes in a modular design and can be installed in both ways: wall mount and countertop. Its eight-liter water storage tank is fully transparent – users can check water level and quality as well. The water storage tank is detachable that makes the cleaning process very simple and less messy.
The body of the Kent purifier is made using ABS plastic making it non-breakable and durable at the same time. Kent's special Push-fit components ensure leak-free performance that gets enhanced by the use of O-rings.
Specification and Filtration technology: Pearl purifier filters water is using KENT's Mineral RO Technology that has all the benefits of normal RO filters while eliminating the limitations. Not only it removes all the impurities from water but also making sure that the water retains the minerals in the water that are necessary for our body. Spin-welded housing ensures improved membrane life.
The membrane life is also improved by the inbuilt Auto-Flushing System that periodically removes salt deposits from the membrane.
Kent Pearl's internal mechanism forces water through multiple chambers to achieve close to 100% purity. Actually, that being possible by the unique stages of Sediment filtration, Activated Carbon filtration, Ultra-filtration, and Post Carbon filtration. 11W UV lamp also comes in action towards the end of purification process for complete deactivation of harmful micro-organisms. Actually, such effective multi-stages processes making this purifier suitable to purify water from sources like bore-wells, tanks, and municipal pipeline.
Alert Features: Filter Change Alarm and UV Fail Alarm, beeming on the front side notify for any maintenance if required. Filter Change Alarm tells if the filter needs to be changed and UV Fail Alarm starts blinking when the UV lamp becomes inefficient. Both cases trigger power cut to make sure that you do not drink impure water.
Further, built-in SMPS protects your purifier machine ensuring smooth working even power supply in your home suffers frequent fluctuations. Suitable for eletricity supply condition in India, Kent made this purifier to support a wide range of input voltage.
- In India, where houses in different regions have different sources of water, Kent Pearl Mineral RO+UV Water Purifier can make a big difference. It can purify water from any source while protecting the necessary minerals.
- This uses multiple methods to purify water: UV, UF and Kent’s Mineral RO Technology.
- Its smart TDS technology keeps monitoring the impurity level in the water and does the purification based on it. This is very helpful in delivering water with a stable level of necessary minerals.
- This Kent purifier comes with an auto-start and an auto-off feature to ensure that you don’t have to operate the product manually.
- Leakage issue: Many customers have reported this issue.
- Many customers have also reported that Customer Service that Kent provides is of very low quality. Kent has always been criticized for the poor response they give to the customers when it comes to in-warranty support.
|Price||Rs. 16500 Rupees|
|Convenience||Auto Shut Off, Auto Start|
|Alarms||Filter Change Alarm, UV Fail Alarm|
|TDS Levels||750 ppm|
|Filter||Sediment, Activated Carbon, UF, Post Carbon|
|Power Requirement||160V – 300V, 50Hz|
|Operating Voltage||24 V|
|Storage Tank||Detachable Storage Tank|
|Membrane Type||Spin-welded RO Membrane|
|Installation||Wall Mount, Counter Top|
Aquaguard Enhance RO UV Purifier
“Every household does not have the same kind of water source” this fact has been the main idea behind Aquaguard's Enhance series water purifiers. The series lists some uniquely designed water purifiers for different needs, essentially depends on the source of water. Let’s keep it simple; if water that your house gets, has more bacteria and less suspended particles, then why don’t you buy a purifier that focuses more on killing bacteria.
Aquaguard Enhance RO Water Purifier with UV technology from the Enhance series can easily purify water from sources like Municipal pipelines and Bore-well. It is sleek, stylish and will add to the beauty of your kitchen if you want to place it there. Let’s now jump into the essential details of this purifier to have a better overview.
Innovative Design: Either wall mount or install it safely on a table. User-friendly design and sturdy build of the Aquaguard purifier offers all possible convenience to users. Its water tank capacity is just 7 liters so it may not be sufficient enough for big families with six or more members. Like the Kent Pearl, this, too, comes with (not fully) transparent water tank – allowing users to see water level and quality.
It weighs about 8.2 KG and requires 45W of operational power. Built-in power stabilizer making it safe from fluctuating power supply.
Specification and Purification Technology: This is a reliable water purifier because of the use of Reverse Osmosis technology to remove suspended particles from water. Actually, water moves through a membrane which consists of many sheets with very small holes that block suspended particles. And, after removing suspended particles, the water is then sent to the UV section where the bacteria are killed by UV rays. This multi-layered multi-stages process ensures germ-free pure water to be delivered from the tap.
This purifier also boils every drop of water for about 20 minutes with its unique e-boiling technology killing even the last bacteria. Further, the UV lamp used on this purifier has a life cycle of up to 5000 burning hours. There is also a special chemical cartridge for removing residual organic impurities to revive the original taste of the water. Its silver surety technology enhances the purification efficiency and stops the growth of waterborne disease-causing bacteria.
The Aquaguard Enhance Water Purifier with RO and UV filter technology is recommended for salty and blackish water as its TDS reduction efficiency is approximately 90 percent. But remember, this Eureka Forbes purifier is able to recover only 25% of the water inflow; the rest is wasted making it less water efficient.
- Suspended particles using RO technology and making almost bacteria free using UV technology.
- The 20 minutes boiling feature adds an extra layer of protection and ensures that water is free of waterborne disease-causing bacteria.
- In a country like India, where most of the households depend on bore-well for their water needs, this purifier can deliver a big change. It is energy efficient and can work with fluctuating power source.
- Aquaguard is well aware of environmental degradation that is why, on this purifier, it has used the materials that can be recycled.
- Today, most of the house water purifiers come with a universal approach, but Aquaguard Enhance series has taken an initiative to give people choose a purifier according to their needs.
- Aquagaurd Enhance RO UV purifier is the best choice for you if the water supplay to your house has high TDS level. But if you have got a Municipal water pipeline connection, then there can be a problem. The RO technology, in that case, can also remove the minerals that are necessary for your body.
- The lack of Ultra Filtration (UF) unit is my main concern. If you read the studies done by many Indian institutes, you will find that RO and UV technologies are just not enough to clean water 100%. According to authentic recent studies UF technology is the best technology for removing almost all impurities and bacteria from water. And, the good thing is that this technology doesn’t even require electricity for working.
|Performance||Removes Bacteria, Virus, Protozoa-cysts, Pesticides, Chemicals, Excess TDS from Water|
|Membrane Type||Thin Film Composite RO|
|Purification Method||RO + UV|
|Body Features||UV Lamp Life: 5000 Burning Hours; UV Lamp:11w|
|Power Consumption||45 Watt|
|Power Requirement||230V AC, 50 Hz|
|Net Weight||8.2 Kgs|
|Installation||Table Top, Wall Mount|
Leaupure Aquajet 14gp RO UV UF TDS Control with Alkaline Water Technology
You might not have heard of L'eaupure, but you must know this new purifier brand its products range too – if you are interested in buying the most efficient innovative purifier for your need. Leaupure provides a series of drinking water purifiers that have many great features and Aquajet 14gp Purifier with 12-liter capacity is one of them. The purifier model comes packed with all the tools that are necessary to purify water to its maximum level.
Built and Design: Because of lots unique feature onboard, this has a jumbo shape size. Precisely, it is 330 x 520 mm in size and weighs only 10 KG. One downside, however, is that it can only be wall-mounted. This can filter close to 15-liter water per hour and its storage capacity is brilliant 12 liters. Thus this is quite suitable for big families having members count in eight to fifteen.
Filtration and Purifier Technology: Not one or two or three rather this advanced water purifier is based on 14-level of the filtration system. Here, the main filter levels here are Prefilter, Antiscalant, Magnetic softener, Sediment, Chlorine remover, RO, UV, UF, Alkaline, PH Adjuster and Post Silver Carbon.
The first six stages are for removing suspended particles from the water – actually making water smell better nearly odorless. The seventh stage is Ultra Filtration meaning active UF for removing almost all suspended particles and bacteria from the water.
The next stage is of Reverse Osmosis: in this stage, the water moves through a membrane that has the pores of only 0.0001 Micron. By this stage, TDS level reduces up to 95 per cent. In the 9th stage, UV sterilization deactivates virus and bacteria.
The next five stages are based on the alkaline purification. To understand these stages we will have to go into the details. First, the water is separated into alkaline and acidic components by a process called water ionization. The acidic water is of no use so it is wasted. The alkaline water is then sent to the next level. Alkaline water helps clean the acidic waste that our body produces.
Now some important minerals are added to water that enhances the working of our body. After adding minerals now the time is to enhance PH level. The PH level of the water should always be above 7. Below 7, the water becomes acidic and it can cause some serious damage to human health.
The effective 14-stage water purification of the Leaupure water purifier making water pure and enhanced. Currently, Leaupure is only the brand offering water purifier ionizer with an RO + UV system.
Durability Factors: According to Manufacturer's claim filter lifecycle is close to 15,000 liters. If the filter life claim is true then this would be one of the few multifunction purifiers with lowest maintenance cost.
Operational Power consumption and Alert Mechanism: Supporting a wide range of power input meaning this will continue to purify water even if electricity supply frequently fluctuates. Moreover, features like Over Flow protection, Auto Start, Auto Flush and UV fail alarm make sure that you don’t drink a single drop of unpurified water.
- Using 14-stage purifier system
- Equipped with RO, UV, UF, and TDS Control
- An RO Water with Alkaline Water Technology
- A single glass of alkaline ionized water contains millions of anti-oxidants that help function of the body. It super hydrates the body, supplies important minerals like sodium, calcium, potassium, and magnesium. It also helps to eliminate toxins and waste present in the body. Alkaline ionized water also helps our body to fight many diseases and problems. Many people who drink this kind of water do not face the problems like gastric disorders which they were earlier facing. It also helps our body to produce more insulin thereby helping diabetic patients.
- The Leaupure 14gp purifier also enables users to adjust the PH level of the water.
Cons:- The only problem I see is that the customer services of L'eaupure are limited to Bangalore only. Moreover, some people might not like the fact that this purifier can only be wall mounted.
|Convenience||Overflow Protection, Auto Start, Auto flush, Auto Shut Off|
|Alarms||UV Fail Alarm|
|Capacity Purification||6000 Liter|
|Purification Method||14 Stages with RO, UV, UF, TDS, Alkaline|
|Filtration Capacity||15 Liter/hr|
|TDS Levels||2500 ppm|
|Filter Life||12000 Liter|
|Membrane Type||Thin Film RO, Hollow Fiber UF|
|Storage Tank||Food Safe, Non-Toxic, Engineering Grade ABS|
|Power Requirement||100V – 300V AC, 50 Hz, 800mA|
|Power Consumption||40 Watt|