OnePlus is the most innovative Smartphone brand after Xiaomi. It had joined the smartphone race with a very popular punch line “Flagship killer”. We all are familiar with the success of its first flagship – the OnePlus One. Recently the brand has launched its second flagship with killer specifications and mouth watering price. In this article, we are counting some of noted features of the OnePlus 2.
OnePlus had a tough time in India because of licensing of operating system. That had indeed affected the sales figure of the OnePlus One. Yes, there was some hiccup due to CyanogenMod operating system distribution rights. Micromax and Cyanogen Inc own exclusive rights for Cyanogen OS sales and distribution in India.
In term of brand valuation – the Samsung is much bigger electronics conglomerate than the new startup OnePlus. However, while OnePlus 2 has been creating havoc on social media platforms, Samsung has to run a paid campaign to gain attention for its new launches.
With the launch of OnePlus 2, the brand has improved its wider presence in Asian and developed countries. There have been many tweaks in specification sheet make this phone suitable for all markets. Some of changes are made to accommodate requirement of Indian consumers.
The main highlight of the OnePlus 2 is a 4GB RAM, which gives it a unique identity in highly crowded smartphone market.
Amazon India has got exclusive right for retail sales in India. Since Amazon makes delivery to all PIN codes, so an order for the OnePlus 2 can be made from every corner of India.
The 10 best features :-
- User will be able to secure access with a finger printer scanner, which is placed right below the display. The finger print control can store up to five prints. According to brand’s claim, this finger print scanner is much better, faster and secure than Apple’s Touch ID.
- OnePlus 2 display comes with in-cell display technology, which is highly improved and does excellent in direct sunlight. User will experience a crystal clear, bright and vivid display with 178 degree of viewing angles. There is a dark mode that will dim the display to render much needed comfort for user’s eyes.
- The CPU dons the latest Snapdragon 810 Octa core processor coupled with a 4 GB RAM and Adreno 430 graphic processor unit. This is the best hardware combination in the market today.
- All Smartphones come with either USB 2.0 or USB 3.0. However, the OnePlus 2 packs a USB type C connector. This connector is expected to be mandatory after Android M (the upcoming Android version) is launched. The USB C brings much needed speed in the connectivity port. It will work in both ways. User will be able to transfer huge amount of data in a few seconds. Also, a charger connected through USB C port will fuel up the battery much faster. Since this new port is not in practice, so user will get a reversible USB cable in the sales box. This cable is required in order to connect this phone with your PC, Laptop or any other hardware.
- Copying few cool features of iPhone, the OnePlus 2 offers an alert slider to make this phone into silent mode.
- While all manufactures working hard to present a slimmest hardware, this new magical device is little heavier and bit thicker than its predecessor. The OnePlus 2 is packed in a magnum allow frame, which makes the total craft 100% solid and sturdy.
- Its camera is influenced with LG G4. A combination of 13 MP primary and 5 MP Selfie camera is the best in industry. There is a lens of 1.3 Micron, which captures more light that translates into better performance even in low lightning condition. Also, there are few claims for fastest laser auto focus for speed photography. The primary camera comes with six element lens and a new generation optical image stabilizer.
- OnePlus 2 runs on the Oxygen OS, which is again a modified Android operating system, developed by the OnePlus design lab. Once gain we have a claim from the brand that the custom OS covers the unique features of Android M. Reader should know that the Android M is still in process of development.
- 3300 mAh battery is a regular feature. In my opinion, user will be disappointed with battery backup. Do not forget we have a phone with an Octa core processor and a 4GB RAM. Here, battery consumption will be much faster than a regular phone.
- India demands dual SIM smartphone. Yes, the new variant of the OnePlus features two SIM ports. Also, user will get benefit of upcoming Indian 4G services.
|Magic Box||Handset with Battery, Charger, USB Type-C Cable|
|SIM||Dual, GSM, 4G+3G/2G/1G|
|Processor||Octa core, 1.8 GHz, Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 MSM8994|
|Memory||4GB RAM, 64GB Memory|
|Screen||5.5 inches, FHD, 1080×1920 Pixels, IPS LCD, 401 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass|
|Camera||13MP[P], 5MP[F], Dual LED, ZOOM, 4K Video Recording @ 30 FPS, FHD @ 60 FPS, HD @ 120 FPS, Optical image stabilization|
|Battery||3300 mAh, Li-Po, Non-removable|
|Connectivity||BT, USB C, FM, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi, GPS|
|Body||175 gram[W], 9.8 mm[Th]|
|Sensors||Fingerprint ID, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Light, Proximity Sensor|