In this power tools review article, the selected top eight power drills are suitable for domestic and basic engineering works. In my opinion, every home should have a set of power drill tools to manage basic repairing works. If you want to save unwanted expenses on minor engineering works, you should keep a basic toolbox and one strong power driller in home. Our deep research and careful comparison of all quality features, we are able to pin down at these power tools. Read also Bosch GSB 500 RE Kit Under 4000 Rupees.
Black Decker KR504RE-IN Drill
From professional drilling use to simple home do-it-yourself projects, this Black & Decker tool is a quality drill that allows you to carry a variety of drilling applications with a lot of ease. Featuring an ergonomic design that allows you to easily handle and control the drill in one hand. Also, it is designed to allow you continuous drilling without stressing your hands.
Hammering action: Black & Decker KR504RE-IN delivers 47600 blows per minute and comes with a speed of 2800 rotations per minute. Combined with a maximum power output of 500 watts, it delivers excellent drilling power that enables you to drill smooth and neat holes in plastic, wood, steel and concrete surfaces.
- Forward and reverse function: It comes with a forward and reverse function that allows you to use it as screw driver.
- Variable speed: It also supports a variable speed function that lets you control the drilling. This function comes in handy when drilling on soft surfaces or when using the tool as a screw driver.
- Depth gauge: The Black & Decker power driller is equipped with an adjustable depth gauge feature, which allows you to regulate the length of holes made.
Best used for: Black & Decker KR504RE-IN is an excellent drilling machine for both personal and professional drilling needs. It is ideal for drilling on hard surfaces such as brick and concrete.
- Light and easily portable
- Highly durable
- Easy to control when drilling
- Drill through quite hard surfaces
Cons: It does not come with a drill bit
Verdict: At the price of 1800 rupees, the Black & Decker drill gadget is a very stable drilling machine that is designed to offer maximum comfort when using it for an engineering project. It is reliable and delivers excellent power, thanks to the hammering mode function.
|Ideal for Drilling||Wood, metal, plastic, masonry|
Cumi CRD 06 VR Rotary Hammer Drill
This is a multipurpose drilling machine that can be used for a variety of drilling operations, ranging from professional to personal easy works. It comes with a 6 mm drill chuck is designed ergonomically to offer maximum comfort when drilling.
Hammer function: The perfect hammer drill delivers a speed of 2700 rotations per minute. Combined with a maximum power output of 240 watts, it can drill holes into hard surfaces such as concrete and brick walls with utmost precision.
- Pistol grip: Cumi CRD 06 VR Rotary Hammer Drill has a pistol grip that increases comfort when drilling holes into hard surfaces, allowing you to effortlessly drill for long hours without wearing yourself out.
- Reverse function: This power driller is fitted with a reverse function that allows you to screw and remove screw drivers, or remove drill chucks that have been stuck in walls.
- Compact and light-weight design: Weighing just 1.1 Kg, Cumi Hammer Drill is a light-weight drilling gadget that is designed to be portable for easy transportation. This also makes it very easy to handle and use, especially when drilling surfaces that are overhead.
Best used for: This Cumi Drill is mainly used for professional purposes, especially for construction work. It is ideal for drilling holes into concrete and brick. However, it is a multipurpose drill that can be used for home engineering projects such as installing wall fixtures.
- Ergonomic design
- It has a great power output
- Comes with a hammering function that helps to drill through hard surfaces
- It is fitted with a reverse function
Cons: It comes with a warranty, which only covers manufacturing defects
Verdict: The Cumi CRD 06 VR Drill is an excellent tool to own, especially if you are a fan of do-it-yourself home projects. It is very hand and can be used for several purposes. It is also available at a very fair price of 1750 Rupees.
|Speed||2700 rotations per minute|
Skil 6513 JP Impact Driver
This Impact Driver is a reliable drilling machine because it is manufactured by a reputed brand and it is equipped with a powerful 550 watts motor and a ball as well as a needle bearing system. It has an ergonomic design and comes with a pistol grip and handle, which provides optimal grip area, allowing you to use the grip for long hours without getting fatigued.
Impact function: This tool driver comes with a dedicated knob for switching between drilling and impact modes. With a maximum power output of 550 watts and 48,000 blows per minute impact rate, Skil 6513 allows you to drill through hard surfaces such as concrete and metal with a lot of ease.
- Forward and reverse function: It comes with a forward and reverse function, making it suitable for driving or removing screws. The reverse functions also come handy when removing stuck drill bits.
- Variable speed: This Impact Driver comes with an adjustable speed dial that regulates the drilling speed, allowing you to drill through different drill surfaces.
- Ergonomic design: Skil 6513 JP Impact drill has an ergonomic, compact design that features a lightweight body, a pistol grip and handle. This helps to provide maximum comfort when drilling, making it easy to handle and use.
Best used for: Skil 6513 JP Impact Driver is ideal for drilling through wood, plastic, concrete and metal. It can also be used as a screw driver. My experience says it is an excellent drilling machine for home and office do-it-yourself projects. It can also be used by professionals.
- Easy to handle and use
- Adjustable speed
- It has a compact, lightweight design
- It is very versatile
Cons: It does not come with drill bits
Verdict: The Skil 6513 JP impact Driver is an excellent drilling machine for both personal and professional use. It is extremely reliable, easy to use, and can be used for a wide range of operations. It is also available at a very fair price. Aside from the lack of drill bits, Skil 6513 JP Impact Driver is a nice drill to own.
|Drill Chuck||13 mm|
|Maximum Drill Capacity||Steel: 13mm, Wood: 35mm, Concrete: 13mm|
Bosch Dremel F013.029.0JM Rotary Tool
This Rotary Tool is a product of iconic tool maker Bosch. It is an engraving tool that allows you to engrave and decorate a variety of materials. It features with an easy to use, soft-grip body that is covered in a plastic case. Further, It comes with one bit and a number and letter template that allows you to engrave names on surfaces with utmost precision.
Adjustment dial: This Bosch Rotary Tool is equipped with a Stroke Adjustment Dial, which helps you to regulate the engraving depth. With this dial you can vary the engraving depth from fine lines to deep grooves.
- Compact design: Dremel F013.029.0JM Rotary Tool features a compact design that is designed to maximize comfort, providing you with greatest precision when engraving. It is enclosed in a plastic cover, which helps reducing the gross weight. Having a soft-grip body, users are allowed to engrave for hours without getting tired.
- Highly durable carbide tip: Dremel F013.029.0JM Rotary Tool is equipped with a highly durable carbide tip, which can be used to engrave on a variety of surfaces including wood, plastic, glass, stone and metal. The tip is replaceable, which helps to increase its durability.
Best used for: It is an excellent engraving tool, ideal for making decorative engraving on all kinds of tough substance including wood, ceramics, glass, metal and plastic.
- A soft-grip body that is easy to handle
- Compact craft that is indeed lightweight
- Highly durable
Cons: The warranty only covers manufacturing defects.
Verdict: Bosch Dremel F013.029.0JM Rotary Tool is an excellent product that is available at a pocket friendly MRP. It is highly durable, comes with a compact design that offers good weight distribution and is perfect for home DIY projects.
|Suitable For Engraving on||Metal, Glass, Wood, Plastics, and Ceramics|
Skil 6510 JL Hammer Drill
This hammer drill machine is designed to drill holes in various surfaces. It comes in an ergonomic design, featuring an orange semi-metal material. It is powerful and fast, providing you with an easy time when drilling holes.
Hammering function: Equipped with a hammering function, which maximizes the power output, the driller is allowing user to smoothly drill holes in hard surfaces such as concrete.
- Reverse function: The Hammer Drill comes with a reverse function, and thus can be used as a screw driver to both screw and remove screws.
- Ergonomic design: It also features a compact ergonomic design, which is intended to provide you with utmost convenience when drilling holes.
- Variable speed: The Skil Drill supports variable speed feature, which allows user to control the drilling speed. This makes it versatile, allowing you to use for a wide range of drilling operations.
Best used for: Skil 6510 JL Hammer Drill is a multi-purpose drilling machine. It can be used to drill holes through wood, concrete and even marble – although marble might take some time and effort. It can also be used a screw driver.
- Delivers excellent power
- Drills smooth holes through almost any surface
- Light and easy to handle
Cons: It does not come with a drill chuck
Verdict: The Skil 6510 JL Hammer Drill is an excellent drilling machine for home use. It is versatile and extremely easy to use. It is also available at a very fair price, giving you a good value for money.
|Drill Chuck||10 mm|
Cheston Right Angle CHDU-10 Pistol Grip
A powerful pistol grip drill that comes with a 10 mm jawed drill chuck, which gets in tough wall on less effort. It is made of a semi-metal material and is available in both green and blue models.
Handle: Cheston Right Angle CHDU-10 is packed with a handle that is attached at the chuck key end of the drill. The handle allows you to easily hard balance the drill, especially when drilling through hard surfaces such as concrete.
- Pistol grip: Built with a pistol grip it allows user easier handling. The grip increases comfort and control for long hours of drilling work.
- Power: It uses a power source of 220V and has an amperage of 1.4 A. Without any extra accessories, the brand packs the driller with a corded power cable inside sales box. You can be assured be for had and fast drilling at a maximum power output of 650 watts.
- Warranty: Cheston CHDU-10 is covered by a six month’s manufacture warranty for any manufacturing defects that may occur. The drill chuck is however not covered in the warranty.
Best used for: As it renders high capacity rotating output, Cheston CHDU10 is a powerful drill machine that is the best suited for all kinds of power drill operations. Pistol grip and an attached handle makes it easy to hold and centralize all forces at one point.
- Compact and light
- High power output
- It only comes with one speed setting
- The drill chuck is not covered in the warranty
Verdict: Cheston CHDU10 pistol grip drill is an affordable drill, going for approximately Rs 1400. It is an excellent option if you are in the market for a power drill. However, with just one speed setting and a high power output, the drill might not be very suitable for less powerful drilling needs.
|Maximum Drill Capacity||Steel: 10mm, Wood: 30mm, Concrete: 10mm|