If you are a lover of sewing, then I bet you know the name of Singer. Being one of the top sellers consistently, Singer encourages the craft of sewing by manufacturing the high-end products. It supports almost every level of sewing with its exclusive sewing machines.
Packed with many special features, Singer curvy 8770 has its revolutionary entry in the sewing world. In fact, there is almost nothing you cannot stitch with this new singer curvy embroidery sewing machine. Let us walk through the new technologies and features of this machine.
►Singer Curvy 8770 Embroidery Sewing Machine makes sewing easy
The Singer curvy 8770 is a computerized sewing machine. Almost everyone can sew easily with it even if you are a beginner. The machine is easy to setup and use. It has buttons for selecting the type of stitching, patterns and some special features like twin needle. The built-in memory enables you to combine various patterns, numbers, and alphabets to create endless customized designs.
The embroidery sewing machine looks stylish with the small monochromatic LCD screen and a series of touch pads and buttons. Cosmetically, the 8770 model looks less attractive with its grey colored accents.
Swift Smart threading system: Threading the needle is the last thing anyone would want to do. Because it is an eye-straining and a time-taking task. Swift smart threading technology makes this tedious task easier for you. All you have to do is to guide the thread from the spool through the single groove on the left side of the unit. Then pass the thread through the thread holder and press the threading lever that is conveniently located on the side of the machine. The needle is threaded automatically. This is the fastest way to thread the needle.
→Drop and sew bobbin system
In other sewing machines, you may have to raise the bobbin thread before sewing. But this machine has a see through bobbin cover into which you have to drop the bobbin and just pull the thread into the needle plate and track that are specially designed for this. You need not raise the bobbin thread and so it’s really very easy.
225 built-in stitches: A huge variety of stitches is provided for fashion sewing, home decorating, embroidery, clothing construction, heirloom, crafts etc. It has 1000 functionalities with these 225 stitches. It means that you can combine the stitches and alphabets to create new custom designs. I am sure designers will definitely admire this feature. The stitches include 6 utility stitches, 5 stretch stitches, 207 decorative stitches, and 7 buttonholes.
The seven buttonholes include six automatic one-step buttonholes and one endless buttonhole. You can choose one from the six different buttonhole types. With this, it is easy to sew the buttonholes perfectly balancing it on both sides. The endless buttonhole option is for the long sides to create buttonholes on it.
Three stay bright LED lights: The LED lighting makes it easy for you to stitch even in dark. The three long-lasting bulbs glow and remain cool no matter how long you are operating the machine. But many users complain that they are not so bright and are not very useful.
Twin needle ability: As in the name, it uses two needles at a time to create parallel stitches to give a different decorative look. The twin needle button can be pushed to adjust the stitches automatically.
→Programmable needle up/down
This is a great feature that comes in handy for the quilters. It is mainly useful when attaching the patchworks together on the quilts. The needle should be in the down position when quilting and raise it to top position when removing the fabric from the machine.
Thread cutter/holder: The thread cutter is on the left side of the machine for cutting the thread after the stitching is done. With this extra part, you can eliminate using scissors to cut the thread. It also works as thread holder when threading the needle.
Mirror image: With just the touch of a button on the touchpad, any pattern can be mirror imaged to create beautiful decorative stitches on the fabric.
Built-in alphanumeric stitches: It has the built-in alphabets and numbers to create names and phrases easily by combining them. You can have a personalized decorative craft with the names sewn on it. However, the font stitches are little bit smaller.
→Additional features of this Advanced Sewing Machine
- Additionally, it has built-in stretch stitches, hand-look quilt stitches with the adjustable stitch length and width.
- The center zigzag taper provides an attractive look by tapering the stitch to the center instead of tapering to right or left.
- Reverse stitching is possible with the automatic reverse button
- Combine individual stitches to form a continuous pattern
- The quality of the stitches is maintained on any type of fabric with the automatic tension system
- Thirteen different types of needle positions are available to adjust the needle for various projects like zipping, topstitching, quilting etc.
- The personalized names and phrases can be saved in the 20-space memory to use them whenever required
- Free arm facility provides easy access to collars, cuffs, and other difficult-to-reach areas to give efficient results
- The extension table or the accessory box is provided at the front to store all the necessary accessories
- Even though the carrying case is not provided, the setup has a built-in handle to carry and transport it easily
Warranty: The Singer curvy 8770 embroidery sewing machine has a 25 year limited warranty period including five years on motor & electronic components and one year on adjustments of belts, bulbs, and attachments.
→Price and Pro Factors on this Singer Sewing Machine
The Singer Curvy sewing machine is available for you today at a great price of around 28,000 rupees with free shipping and handling.
- Automatic threading makes it easy to thread
- The machine has stitch memory ability
- Mirror image pattern
- Direct select buttons for general stitches
- Twin needle ability
- Free-arm sewing is possible
- Needle up/down button
- Manual is very easy to follow and learn about various new features
- Twin needle has to be purchased separately to use the twin needle feature
- Instead of carrying case, just the dust cover is provided which is not of much use
Verdict: Although anyone with basic sewing knowledge can use the Singer embroidery sewing machine. However, it is idea choice for experienced users. They would be able to harness its excellent hidden features. With its advanced features designers could work on lots fashionable projects. For the price 28000 Rupees, Singer provide a excellent machine. .
|Number of stitches||225|
|Color||White and gray|
|Buttonholes||6 automatic 1 step buttonholes|
|Warranty||Limited 25 year warranty (includes 5 years on electronic components & 1 year on adjustments)|